Rocksavage power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Rocksavage power station is a 810-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Cheshire County, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Runcorn, Cheshire County, United Kingdom.
In 2021 the project applied for 830 MW existing generation in the T-4 Capacity Market 2024-2025 auction, and they were listed in the final results. This would qualify them for government subsidies to guarantee electricity supply.
- Sponsor: Intergen NV
- Parent company: Sev.en Energy and China Huaneng Group/Yudean Guandong Group
- Location: Runcorn, Cheshire County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 53.3152, -2.7228 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 810 MW
Articles and Resources
- T4 DY2024-25 Final Results, Electricity Market Reform Delivery Body, Mar 22, 2021
- Capacity Market Register 2024-25 (T-4) - 13_04_2021, Electricity Market Reform Delivery Body, Apr 13, 2021
- Capacity Market, United Kingdom, Mar 1, 2019
- Digest of UK Energy Statistics (DUKES) United Kingdom Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Who We Are | InterGen
- Global Energy Observatory ID 5152, accessed January 2020