Romgaz Mintia power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Romgaz Mintia power station is a proposed 500-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Hunedoara County, Romania.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Mintia, Hunedoara County, Romania.
The plant would be located near the coal-fired Mintia-Deva power station. In the "2021-2030 Integrated National Energy and Climate Plan" the Energy Ministry plans investment in gas power in Mintia, and one news report links this to the Romgaz Mintia project.
- Sponsor: Romgaz
- Parent company: Sngn Romgaz S.A.
- Location: Mintia, Hunedoara County, Romania
- Coordinates: 45.9179, 22.8475 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 500 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 500 MW (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Romgaz, Wikipedia, last edited October 1, 2019.
- Romanian gas producer wants to build new power plant, Romania Insider, Nov 14, 2018
- The 2021-2030 Integrated National Energy and Climate Plan, Romanian Energy Ministry, Apr 2020
- Romanian Government Announces Investments of EUR 12.48bn in the Energy Sector, Energy Industry Review, Jul 7, 2020
- Adrian Volintiru: Romgaz to Plan Largest Investments of the Past 10 Years, Energy Industry Review, August 28, 2019.
- Romgaz Wikipedia, accessed Jan. 15, 2020