Millbrook power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Millbrook power station is a proposed 299-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Bedfordshire County, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Stewartby, Bedfordshire County, United Kingdom.
Millbrook, originally expected to start in 2022, is listed in the T-4 Capacity Market 2024-2025 final auction results with a 2024 delivery date. This would qualify it for government subsidies to guarantee electricity supply.
- Sponsor: Millbrook Power Co Ltd
- Parent company: Drax Power Ltd, subsidiary of Drax Group plc
- Location: Stewartby, Bedfordshire County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 52.0704, -0.5148 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 299 MW
- Unit 1: Gas-fired open-cycle gas turbine, 299 MW (start-up in 2024)
Articles and Resources
- Millbrook Power, National Infrastructure Planning website, last updated November 5, 2019.
- T4 DY2024-25 Final Results, Electricity Market Reform Delivery Body, Mar 22, 2021
- The Drax gas plant is dead: But other new gas projects are a headache for the COP26 team, Ember, Feb 15, 2021
- Capacity Market, United Kingdom, Mar 1, 2019
- Millbrook Power Station, England, NS Energy, accessed November 2019.
- Drax Power Limited, LEI Reference Data accessed Jan. 9, 2020
- Capacity Market Register 2024-25 (T-4) - 13_04_2021, Electricity Market Reform Delivery Body, Apr 13, 2021