Rostock power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Germany and coal.|
Rostock power station is a 553-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany.
The map below shows the location of the plant in Peez, Rostock.
Background on Plant
Rostock power station is a one-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 553 MW. The plant was completed in 1994, and is owned by E.On, RWE, and Rhein Energie.
- Sponsor: Kraftwerks- und Netzgesellschaft
- Parent company: E.On, RWE, and Rhein Energie
- Location: Peez, Rostock, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany
- Coordinates: 54.142799, 12.132865 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 553 MW
- Type: Supercritical
- In service: 1994
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source: Imported via Rostock Port
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Coal-Fired Plants in Germany: Brandenburg & Mecklenburg-Vorpommern," Industcards, accessed April 2016
- "Main Cargoes." Rostock Port, accessed Dec 2015