Rupsha power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
The satellite photo below shows the exact location of the proposed power station in Rupsha Upazila - Khulna District, Khulna Division, Bangladesh.
The power plant will be sited on the former Khulna Newsprint Mills Limited land and will use natural gas and diesel.
Asian Development Bank announced in June 2018 that they will be funding the project.
In January 2020, North-West Power Generation Company reported that the project had made 16.98% "Physical Progress" and 6.91% "Financial Progress".
- Sponsor: North-West Power Generation Co
- Parent company: Bangladesh Power Dev Board
- Location: Rupsha Upazila - Khulna District, Khulna Division, Bangladesh
- Coordinates: 22.853987, 89.551191 (exact)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 800 MW
- Combined-cycle units 1-2: 400 MW per unit (to start 2022)
Articles and Resources
- On Going Projects, North-West Power Generation Company Ltd website, accessed Dec 20, 2019
- Bangladesh: Rupsha 800-Megawatt Combined Cycle Power Plant Project, ADB website, accessed Dec 20, 2019
- Khulna 800MW power project awaits ECNEC nod, Energy News BD, May 21, 2018
- $500 Million ADB Loan to Develop State-of-the-Art Power Plant in Bangladesh, ADB website, Jun 26, 2018