SCC Cement power station
SCC Cement power station is a 60-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Kortek, Aleppo, Syria.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Kortek, Aleppo, Syria.
- Sponsor: Syrian Cement Co
- Parent company: Orascom Construction
- Location: Kortek, Aleppo, Syria
- Coordinates: 36.542217, 38.586943 (exact)
- Coal type: Unknown
- Coal source:
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 60 MW
- Unit 1: Coal-fired subcritical, 30 MW (start-up in 2010)
- Unit 2: Coal-fired subcritical, 30 MW (start-up in 2010)
The Syrian Cement Company (SCC), a joint stock company formed between MAS Group of Syria and Lafarge Group of France, built a cement plant and captive 60 MW coal-fired power plant at Aleppo - Ein Arab. It awarded the engineering to SGTEC/HYPEC in China, and hired the ECGroup as a third party consultant. The coal plant was put into operation in October 2010.
Articles and Resources
- "The Syrian Cement Company - SCC (Lafarge Cement) Power Plant," Engineering & Consulting Group (ECGroup), accessed June 2021
- “Environmental and Social Impact Assessment of Construction and Operation of Syria Cement Plant and Captive Power Plant, and Associated Quarrying Activities Syria,” Earth Link and Advanced Resources Development S.A.R.L. (ELARD), May 2009