Saint-Gobain Norton Power Plant
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of coal plants|
Norton Powerhouse is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Saint-Gobain - a French multinational construction materials manufacturing corporation - in Worcester, Massachusetts. The plant provides power to Saint-Gobain's Worcester abrasives manufacturing plant.
Discover Which Corporations are the Biggest Violators of Environmental, Health and Safety Laws in the United States
Violation Tracker is the first national search engine on corporate misconduct covering environmental, health, and safety cases initiated by 13 federal regulatory agencies. Violation Tracker is produced by the Corporate Research Project of Good Jobs First. Click here to access Violation Tracker.
- Owner: Saint-Gobain Abrasives Inc.
- Parent Company: Saint-Gobain
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 5.6 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 2.5 MW (1939), 3.1 MW (1954)
- Location: 1 New Bond St., Worcester, MA 01615
- GPS Coordinates: 42.309425, -71.805108
- Electricity Production:
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related GEM.wiki articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|