Santos Basin FLNG Terminal
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Santos Basin FLNG Terminal was a proposed LNG export terminal in the state of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Parent: Petrobras, BG Group, Galp, Repsol
- Location: Santos Basin, Santos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Coordinates: -23.936944, -46.325 (approximate)
- Capacity: 2.7 mtpa, 0.39 bcfd
- Status: Cancelled
- Type: Export
- Start Year: Not applicable
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Santos Basin FLNG Terminal was a proposed LNG terminal in Sao Paulo state, Brazil. Brazil's state-controlled oil company announced the project was postponed in 2011 because of capital and operating expenses associated with construction of a floating LNG. Instead, the company announced plans to pursue a gas pipeline for pre-salt gas transfer.
Articles and resources
- ↑ Santos Basin FLNG Terminal, A Barrel Full, accessed April 2017
- ↑ Brazil: Petrobras Delays FLNG Plan, World Maritime News, 5 August 2011