Savarimangalam power station
Savarimangalam power station was a proposed 2,640-megawatt (MW) coal plant in Tamil Nadu state, India. The project has been abandoned.
The map below shows the location of Savarimangalam village, but not the exact location of the project.
As of 2014, the project appears to have been abandoned, since it is not mentioned on the company website and there have been no applications for environmental permits.
Sponsor: SPR Infrastructure India
Location: Savarimangalam village, Thoothukudi district, Tamil Nadu
Coordinates: 8.862239, 77.985642 (approximate)
- Phase I: 1320 MW (2 x 660 MW)
- Phase II: 1320 MW (2 x 660 MW)
Projected in service:
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing:
Resources and articles
Related GEM.wiki articles
- "SPR PLANS 2,640 MW PLANT IN TN," Industry Monitor, November 6, 2011
- "SPR Infrastructure India plans to establish 2,640-mw power plant in Tamil Nadu," SME News, October 31, 2011
- "Thermal Power," SPR Infrastructure website, accessed June 2014