Scarborough Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Scarborough Gas Pipeline is a proposed offshore natural gas pipeline in Western Australia.
The pipeline would run from the offshore Scarborough gas field to the Pluto LNG Terminal on the Burrup Peninsula in Western Australia.
- Operator: Woodside Energy
- Parent Company: Woodside Energy
- Current Capacity:
- Proposed Capacity:
- Length: 233 mi / 375 km
- Status: Proposed
- Start Year: 2022
In July 2019 Woodside Energy awarded a construction contract to build the pipeline to Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V. The pipeline will cost an estimated 145 million euros and is scheduled for completion in 2022.In January 2020 the Western Australia Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) has recommended that the pipeline be approved.
Articles and resources
- Scarborough to Pluto, Woodside Energy, accessed December 2019.
- Boskalis awarded Seabed Intervention & Shore Crossing contract for Woodside’s Scarborough export gas pipeline, Globe Newswire, Jul. 30, 2019
- Scarborough project LNG pipeline recommended for environmental approval, LNG Industry, Jan. 7, 2020