Severodvinsk-1 power station
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Severodvinsk-1 power station is a 175-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Arkhangelsk province, Russia.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is in Severodvinsk city, Arkhangelsk province.
Background on Plant
In July 2016 TGC-2 announced that it had chosen a contractor to build a gas-fired plant that would replace Severodvinsk-1. In February 2019 the Ural Turbine Plant, which manufactures gas turbines, was contracted to replace the plant's two turbines in 2020.
- Sponsor: TGC-2
- Parent company: SINTEZ Group
- Location: Severodvinsk city, Arkhangelsk province, Russia
- Coordinates: 64.581033, 39.857928 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 175 MW (Units 1-3: 25 MW; Unit 4: 100 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1950-60 (Units 1-3); 1977 (Unit 4)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Global Power Plant Database, World Resources Institute, Version 1.0.0, April 2018.
- Severodvinsk CHPP-1 Power Plant Russia, Global Energy Observatory, accessed June 2018.
- Северодвинская ТЭЦ-1, Wikipedia (Russian), accessed June 2018.
- ТГК-2 выбрала подрядчика для замены Северодвинской ТЭЦ-1, ria.ru, Jul. 4, 2016
- Уральский турбинный завод заключил контракт на поставку двух турбин для Северодвинска, Neftegaz, Feb. 20, 2019