Seyitomer coal mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
The Seyitomer coal mine is operated by Celikler Insaat.
The facility was previously operated by Seyitomer Linyitleri Isletme Muessesesii Mudurlugu, a subsidiary of TKI until 2013. In early 2013 Turkey's Privatization Authority sold the operating rights of its lignite-fired Seyitomer Power Plant for $2.25 billion to the Turkish company, Celikler Insaat.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Seyitomer mine in Seyitomer, Kutahya Province, Turkey.
- Owner: Celikler Insaat
- Parent company:
- Location: Soma, Manisa Province, Turkey
- GPS coordinates: 39.574254,29.832337 (approximate)
- Mine status: operating
- Start year:
- Mineable reserves: 231.7MT
- Coal type:
- Mine size:
- Mine type: surface
- Production: 8 MTPA
Articles and resources
- Philip M. Mobbs, "2010 Minerals Yearbook: Turkey", United States Geological Survey, April 2012, page 56.7
- "Turkey Sells 600-Megawatt Seyitomer Lignite-Fired Plant for $2.25 Billion", Industrial Info Europe, January 3, 2013.