Shandong Luxi power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shandong Luxi power station (里能集团鲁西发电煤炭地下气化发电项目) is a proposed 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shandong Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Taiping Town, Zoucheng.
Background on Project
Shandong Province Prison Administration has been permitted to build a 2 x 600 MW coal plant in Taiping Town, Zoucheng. It would be coal gasification.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects in 13 provinces, including Shandong Luxi power station. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2019: Construction begins
Construction began in January 2019. Sponsorship also changed to Yanzhou Coal Mining of the Yankuang Group.
- Sponsor: Yankuang Group
- Location: Taiping Town, Zoucheng, Jining Prefecture, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 35.343619, 116.792622 (exact)
- Status: Construction
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 1 & 2: 600 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Coal gasification
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "山东省环境保护厅关于山东鲁西发电有限公司2×600MW煤炭地下气化发电工程环境影响报告书的批复," 华能聊城热电有限公司, Sep 21, 2015
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "兖矿鲁西发电项目正式开工," 齐鲁晚报, 2019年01月31日