Shandong Weishan Hanzhuang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shandong Weishan Hanzhuang power station (华润微山湖电厂, 韩庄发电厂上大压小项目) is a retired coal-fired power plant in Shandong Province, China.
A new 1,200 MW coal plant is proposed at the same location, Weishan Hanzhuang power station II.
The map below shows the location of Hanzhuang Town (Hanzhuangzhen), the approximate location of the plant in Weishan County, Jining Prefecture, Shandong Province.
Background on Plant
Description of Expansion
Shandong Weishan is planning to build the two-unit coal-fired Hanzhuang-2 power station, with a total planned capacity of 1,200 MW.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Project Details for Phase II Expansion
- Sponsor: Shandong Weishan Lake Coal Co
- Parent company: Shandong Weishan Lake Mining Group
- Location: Hanzhuang Town (Hanzhuangzhen), Weishan County, Jining Prefecture, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 34.6, 117.372 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 1 & 2: 600 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: 5 billion yuan
Articles and resources
- "关于华润微山湖电厂码头工程建设方案的审查意见," 淮委许可, 2012
- “孙守刚陈民罗心光等走访香港华润有限公司,” 山东省济宁市微山县委宣传部, 2014-03-15