Shangluo power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shangluo power station (陕西省投资集团商洛发电公司) is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shaanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the plant in Shahezi Town, Zhang Village.
Background on Plant
In 2011 Shaanxi Provincial Investment Group proposed a 2 x 660 MW ultra-supercritical coal plant for Shahezi Town, and an agreement was signed between Shaanxi Provincial Investment Group and the Shangluo government in May 2015. It is under construction, and planned for operation in 2017.
2017: Plant halted by government
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Construction continues after July 2017
2018-2019: Plant commissioned
Unit 1 was commissioned in November 2018.
Unit 2 was commissioned in March 2019.
Shaanxi Huisen Coal Industry is the sponsor of the project, due to a merger by Shaanxi Provincial Investment Group and Shaanxi Province Coalfield Geology Group.
- Sponsor: Shaanxi Huisen Coal Industry Co
- Parent company: Shaanxi Provincial Investment Group (90%), Shaanxi Yulin Energy Group (10%)
- Location: Shahezi Town, Zhang Village, Shangzhou District, Shangluo Prefecture, Shaanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 33.807099, 110.0629 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1&2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Start year: 2018 (Unit 1), 2019 (Unit 2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "陕西商洛发电有限公司揭牌仪式在商洛举行," Shaanxi Energy, 2011-07-22
- "集团公司与商洛市政府签署陕西商洛发电厂项目建设合作合同书," Shaanxi Energy, 2015-05-28
- "商洛电厂项目前期工作加速推进 厂区占地1000亩," 商洛新闻网, 2015-09-06 09
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- Photos of 33.807099, 110.0629 in July and November 2017, Planet, May 2018
- "陕南最大火电项目 中国电建山东一建陕能商洛项目1号机组完成168小时满负荷试运行," 山东一建, 2018/11/30
- "项目｜陕南地区最大的火电项目商洛电厂2号机组投运," Sohu, 2019-03-22
- "Yuan Xiaoning Chairman of Shaanxi Energy Group Co., Ltd Paid an Investigation Tour to Shenwu," Beijing Shenwu Environment & Energy Technology Co., 2015-02-03