Shanhou Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Shanhou Coal Mine is a state-owned key coal mine, affiliated to Kailuan (Group) Weizhou Mining Co., Ltd. Construction was officially started on May 1, 2004, and production was officially put into operation on January 1, 2009, with a design production capacity of 1.5 million tons per year. The approved production scale in 2019 is 1.8 million tons per year.
On July 11, 2019, a Side-falling accident occurred in Shanhou Coal Mine, resulting in 1 death. Similar accidents repeatedly occurred in Shanhou Coal Mine. Since the construction of the well in 2004, there have been 6 accidents and 9 deaths, including 4 roof-falling accidents and 7 deaths.  At about 12:15 on March 1, 2016, a roofing accident occurred in Shanhou Coal Mine, resulting in 1 death.
- Operator: Kailuan (Group) Yuzhou Mining Co., Ltd. Shanhou Coal Mine 
- Owner: Kailuan (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Location: Beifangcheng Village, Yongquanzhuang Township, Yu County, Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province
- GPS Coordinates: 39.907602, 114.508110
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.8 million tonnes per annum 
- Total Resource: 292.6860 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 113.5220 million tonnes
- Coal Type: Longflame (Thermal)
- Mine Size: 30.36 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:' 2009
Articles and resources
- 开滦（集团）蔚州矿业有限责任公司单侯矿, 企查查, Accessed May 2021
- 蔚州矿业公司单侯矿管技人员薪酬满意分析与改进（17Page）, 道客巴巴, Accessed May 2021
- 河北省生产煤矿生产能力情况 (As of December 31, 2019), 国家矿山安全监察局, Accessed May 2021
- 开滦集团蔚州公司单侯矿7.11事故通报, 道客巴巴, July 12, 2019
- 关于开滦（集团）蔚州矿业有限责任公司单侯矿“3·1”顶板事故调查处理意见的批复, 河北省煤矿安全监察局张家口分局, August 30, 2020
- 开滦（集团）有限责任公司2020年度第一期超短期融资券募集说明书(13Page), 开滦（集团）有限责任公司, February 5, 2020