Shanxi Coal Hequ power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The Shanxi Coal Hequ power station (山西焦煤中机国能山煤河曲能源公司) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Shanxi province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the plant in Xinzhou city.
Background on Plant
The power station is under construction and planned for 2017.
2017: Plant halted by government
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2020: Plans revived
The coal plant was listed as a Shanxi provincial key project for 2020, suggesting plans have been revived.
- Sponsor: Shanxi Coal International Energy Group
- Parent company: China Sinogy Electric Group, Shanxi Coking Coal Group
- Location: Xinzhou city, Hequ county, Shanxi province, China
- Coordinates: 39.111156, 111.182432 (exact)
- Status: Permitted
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1-2: 350 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Coal type: Waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "山煤集团河曲低热值煤发电项目获得核准," 山西新闻网--山西经济日报, 2014-08-01
- "山煤河曲2X350MW低热值煤电厂项目召开股东会议," Shanxi Coal Imp. & Exp. Group, 2014-8-4
- "山西省重大项目办调研山煤集团河曲低热值煤发电项目," 中国火力发电网, 2015-05-08
- "山煤河曲2×35万千瓦低热值煤发电项目正式开工," 10/24/2015
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "山西省印发2020年省级重点工程项目名单 涉及多个大型火电项目," 北极星电力网, 2020/2/25