Shanxi Guofeng power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shanxi Guofeng power station (晋能国峰煤电公司) is a 600-megawatt (MW) waste coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Fenyang City, Lüliang Prefecture, Shanxi Province.
Background on Project
Shanxi International Electricity Group is the sponsor of a two-unit waste coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 600 MW in Shanxi Province. The plant is scheduled to be completed in 2015.
The power station completed trial operation in July 2015.
- Sponsor: Shanxi International Electricity Group
- Parent company: Jinneng Group (80%), Shanxi Wenfeng Coking Technical Company (20%)
- Location: Fenyang City, Lüliang Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 37.2277985, 111.7349808 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 600 MW (Units 1 & 2: 300 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2015
- Coal type: Bituminous waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: