Shanxi Hepo power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shanxi Hepo power station (山西国际能源河坡发电) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant in South Street of Yangquan Prefecture, Shanxi Province.
The map below shows the location of the expansion in Xiayan Village, Mengying Town, Jiao District, Yangquan Prefecture, Shanxi Province.
Background on Plant
The 4 units were retired in 2016 after the expansion units went operation.
Description of Expansion
Shanxi International Electricity Group is currently building two additional coal-fired units at this plant, with a total planned capacity of 700 MW. The new units are scheduled to be completed in 2015.
The new units were completed in 2016.
Project Details for Units 5 & 6 Expansion
- Sponsor: Shanxi International Energy Group (93.5%), Yangquan Asset Management Investment (6.5%)
- Location: Xiayan Village, Mengying Town, Jiao District, Yangquan Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 37.919943, 113.615236(exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 5 & 6: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service: 2016
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: