Shanxi Science & Technology Town power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shanxi Science & Technology Town power station (华能山西科技城低热值煤发电项目) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) waste coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the proposed location for the plant in Yuci.
Background on Project
China Huaneng has proposed a 2 x 350 MW waste coal power station in Xiuwen Town, Yuci.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces, including Shanxi Science & Technology Town power station. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
With no developments since 2016, the project appears to be abandoned.
- Sponsor: Huaneng Shanxi Branch
- Parent company: China Huaneng
- Location: Xiuwen Town, Yuci, Jinzhong Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 37.565548, 112.652341 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- ↑ "华能山西科创城2×35万千瓦低热值煤热电项目水土保持方案的批复," China Chemical, May 5, 2016
- ↑ "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017