Shanxi Zhaoguang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shanxi Zhaoguang power station (山西国际能源兆光发电厂) is a 1,800-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Huozhou, Linfen, Shanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Huozhou, Linfen, Shanxi Province, China.
The first phase of construction for the Shanxi Zhaoguang power station consisted of two 300 MW units that were commissioned in 2005, with an initial investment of 2.54 billion RMB. Owned by Gemeng International, construction for the plant began in 2004. The second phase of the project included two additional 600MW units that were commissioned in 2009; together, all four units represented a total investment of 7.1 billion RMB. The total planned capacity for this plant is 3,000 MW. The third phase of the project, which has yet to be proposed or completed, will consist of another two 600 MW units.
Emission control retrofits were completed by 2016 for all four units. The facility is equipped with desulfurization, denitrification, and dust removal facilities, and uses online flue gas monitoring technology.
In 2016, the Shanxi Zhaoguang power station was fined two million RMB by the Huozhou municipal government after an onsite investigation revealed that the height of their coal-fired stack was higher than their wind-shield and dust-suppression nets.
In 2021, Zhejiang Thermal Power was contracted for the daily maintenance and operation of all units from 2021-2023.
- Sponsor: Gemeng International
- Parent company: Shanxi International Energy Group
- Location: Huozhou, Linfen, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 36.5538, 111.6918 (exact)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 1,800 MW
- Unit 1: Coal-fired subcritical, 300 MW (start-up in 2005)
- Unit 2: Coal-fired subcritical, 300 MW (start-up in 2005)
- Unit 3: Coal-fired supercritical, 600 MW (start-up in 2009)
- Unit 4: Coal-fired supercritical, 600 MW (start-up in 2009)
- Number of employees: 190
Articles and Resources
- "山西兆光发电有限责任公司". Baidu. 2019. Retrieved 2020-06-04.
- 网易 (2016-09-29). "山西国际能源集团有限公司2016年上半年财务等重大信息". WangYang XinWen. Retrieved 2021-06-04.
- "霍州市环境保护局行政处罚决定书 霍环罚字17号-环境保护-霍州市人民政府". Huozhou Municipal Government. October 20, 2017. Retrieved 2021-06-04.
- Hu, Yiyu Aiding (April 9, 2021). "中标 | 中国能建浙江火电中标山西兆光电厂4台机组日常维护工程-国际电力网". Power. Retrieved 2021-06-04.