Shenhua Guoneng Dajing power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shenhua Guoneng Dajing power station (神华国能新疆准东煤电公司) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Xinjiang province, China.
The map below shows the location of the proposed plant would be built at Jimsar County, Changji.
Background on Plant
Planet satellite photos from April 2016 to April 2020 shows limited construction progress.
In April 2020 it was reported that construction on the project had resumed.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Guoneng Energy Group
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Dajing, Jimsar county, Changji prefecture, Xinjiang province, China
- Coordinates: 44.7809, 89.5971 (exact)
- Status: Construction
- Capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1-2: 660 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Type: Supercritical
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "准东-华东“疆电外送”开工 跨越6省区成为世界最远距离送电," 曹华, 2015-04-10
- "全国神华国能集团2015校园招聘 东北大学宣讲会," 2014-12-8
- "国家能源集团国神集团六个电源基建项目全面开复工," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2020/4/15
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017