Shenhua Guoneng Hami power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shenhua Guoneng Hami power station (神华国能哈密煤电公司哈密电厂), also known as Shenhua Hami Dananhu power station (花园电厂), is a 2,640-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
The photo below shows the location of the plant in Nanhu (Dananhu) Township (Xiang), Hami (Kumul) City, Hami Prefecture.
Background on Project
The power station was completed in 2015.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Guoneng Energy Group
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Huayuan Xiang, Hami (Kumul) City, Hami Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 42.411226, 93.009166 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 2,640 MW (Units 1-4: 660 MW)
- Type: Supercritical (Units 1 & 2); Ultra-Supercritical (Units 3 & 4)
- In service: 2015
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "神华国神集团哈密大南湖电厂新建工程获核准", 国务院国有资产监督管理委员会， 2013-12-10
- "发改委核准新疆神华哈密大南湖电厂新建工程", 中国电力发展促进会, 2014-01-25
- "神华国能哈密煤电机组全部投产," Hami government, 2015-08-25
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017