Shenhua Shentou power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shenhua Shentou power station (神华国能神头第二发电厂) is a 1,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Shentou, next to the Datang Shentou power station.
Background on Plant
Shenhua Shentou power station is a 2 x 500 MW coal plant in Shentou. Unit 1 was commissioned in 1992 and unit 2 in 1993. It is owned by National Energy Investment Group.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Guoneng Energy Group
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Shentou, Shuocheng, Shuozhou, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.3647887, 112.5332671 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,000 MW (Units 1&2: 500 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Years built: 1992 (Unit 1), 1993 (Unit 2)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "神头发电厂," Wikipedia (Chinese), accessed Nov 2016