Shenhua Yili power station (Xinjiang)
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shenhua Yining power station (神华国能伊犁煤电公司伊宁热电厂) was a 50-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
It was replaced by the 700 MW Shenhua Yili power station (神华国能伊犁煤电公司).
The undated satellite photo below shows the location of the Shenhua Yili power station adjacent on the east side of the older Shenhua Yining power station site in Chabuchaer Xibo Ethlic Minority County.
Shenhua Yining power station
The first two coal-fired units of Shenhua Yining power station, units 1 & 2 totaling 50 MW, were brought online in 1998 and retired in 2015. (Google Earth archival photos show that the smokestack was demolished in 2015 or 2016, but the main plant structures remain standing.) The plant is owned by Shenhua Group.
Shenhua Yili power station
Shenhua is building two additional coal-fired units at this plant, known as Shenhua Yili power station, with a total planned capacity of 700 MW. The new units were scheduled to be completed in 2014, however the project was not permitted until 2015.
The two 350MW units were permitted by Xinjiang Autonomous Region DRC in June 2015, and started construction in April 2017. Operation is planned for 2018. The plant will be the first no-smoke stack power plant in Xinjiang Region.
In June 2018 it was reported the units were planned for commissioning in 2019.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Plant details for Shenhua Yili power station
- Sponsor: Shenhua Guoneng Energy Group
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Dairy Farm Yilian Branch, Chabuchaer, Ili Kazakh Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 43.859959, 81.299465 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start year: 2020
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "公司简介", 神华国能集团有限公司, 2013-11-12
- "伊犁煤电公司2X350兆瓦热电联产项目初步设计审查会顺利召开," 中国火力发电网, 2015-09-24
- "国网新疆电力4个热电联产项目获自治区核准开工建设,"北极星电力网, 2015-07-03
- "伊犁州直总投资1304亿元的326个开（复）工重大项目集中开工" 天山网2017-4-7
- "神华国能热电联产项目进入建设高峰期," 伊犁日报, 2018-06-14
- "国家能源集团伊犁电厂一号机组投产," 中国电力化工网, 20-01-10
- "新疆伊犁最大发电企业投产发电," Xinhua Net, 2020-04-24
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017