Shenzhen Diefu CNOOC LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Shenzhen Diefu CNOOC LNG Terminal （深圳迭福LNG接收站）is an LNG terminal in Shenzhen Prefecture, Guangdong, China.
- Owner: PipeChina Shenzhen Natural Gas Co., Ltd 国家管网集团深圳天然气有限公司
- Owner: PipeChina (70%), Shenzhen Energy Group (30%)
- Parent: PipeChina
- Location: Dapeng Bay, Diefu Town, Longgang District, Shenzhen Prefecture, Guangdong, China
- Coordinates: 22.593039, 114.444262 (exact)
- Capacity: 4 mtpa, 0.57 bcfd
- Status: Operating
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2018
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Shenzhen Diefu CNOOC LNG Terminal is an LNG terminal under development in Guangdong, China.
The Shenzhen Diefu LNG terminal project was approved in 2012 for four 160,000 cubic meter storage tanks,  a 4 mtpa receiving capacity and regasification facilities adjacent to CNOOC’s Dapeng facility. Construction of the terminal slowed down in 2015, citing the weak profitability of LNG.
The terminal began commercial operations in October 2018.
In February 9, 2019, the National Petroleum and Natural Gas Pipeline Group Co., Ltd. (PipeChina) was established with a major focus on the investment and construction of the long-distance oil and gas pipeline network and storage & peaking facilities, offering fair and open oil and gas pipeline transmission services. 10 existing and under-construction LNG terminals were reportedly transferred or are going to transfer their ownerships to PipeChina. Shenzhen Diefu LNG terminal is one of them.
Articles and resources
- Shenzhen Diefu CNOOC LNG Terminal, Xinhua Finance Agency, accessed April 2017
- "中海油深圳迭福液化天然气项目通过核准"中国能源网, 2012-07-31
- Wan Xu and Ken Wills, Reuters, July 2012
- No let-up in pace of new China LNG terminal projects, LNG World Shipping, Oct. 26, 2018
- "集团简介--国家管网公司". www.pipechina.com.cn. Retrieved 2021-04-16.
- ""三桶油"的这十座LNG接收站，或划入国家管网公司". finance.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 2021-04-16.