Shenzhen LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Shenzhen LNG Terminal (深圳天然气应急调峰LNG接收站) is a proposed LNG terminal in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China.
- Sponsor: CNPC Shenzhen LNG Project Management Department 中国石油天然气股份有限公司深圳液化天然气项目经理部
- Owner: CNPC
- Parent: CNPC
- Location: Dapeng, Longgang, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
- Coordinates: 22.594055, 114.4283 (exact)
- Capacity: 3.0 mtpa, 0.45 bcfd
- Status: Construction
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2022
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Shenzhen LNG Terminal is a proposed LNG terminal in Guangdong, China.
Originally proposed in 2009 and intended to supply Hong Kong and Guangdong with LNG, the Shenzhen LNG Terminal faced obstacles in 2014 over environmental concerns brought forth by activists who were concerned about the nearby plant's environmental impacts.  In 2015 the project was scaled back due to these environmental concerns and proposed to only build four, 200,000 cubic meter tanks over two phases of construction. As of 2016, the terminal was still not built, and a revised proposal to move the project to eastern Shenzhen is still pending.
In June 2019 it was reported that a 3.0 mtpa terminal is under construction by CNPC, CLP, and Shenzhen Gas. The scheduled completion date is 2022. The project is to support and coordinate with the West-East Gas Pipeline 2.
Articles and resources
- "中石油深圳LNG应急调峰站项目环境影响报告书" (PDF). MEE.gov.cn. 2014-01-01.
- Shenzhen LNG Terminal, Xinhua Finance Agency, accessed April 2017
- International Maritime Information Website, February 2009
- PetroChina's Shenzhen LNG terminal in doubt, Asia Shipping Media, April 2014
- "中石油深圳LNG项目5年利益博弈:地方难反抗央企". 第一财经日报. 2014-04-18.
- Floating LNG processing plant will enhance gas supply security and cut costs, CLP says, South China Morning Post, May 2016
- 2019 World LNG Report, IGU, June 2019
- 投资超50亿元，深圳打造海上“超级工程”助力西气东输 Source: Southern Media, 南方+记者 戴晓晓 12-09-2019