Shin Goi power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Shin Goi power station is a proposed 2,340-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Chiba Prefecture, Japan. This new, liquefied natural gas (LNG)-fired thermal power station is set to replace JERA's current Goi gas-fired power station.
The below satellite image shows the location of the proposed Shin Goi power station, which will be built at the site of the Goi thermal power station in Ichihara-shi, Chiba Prefecture, Japan.
- Sponsor: JERA Co. Inc./JXTG Nippon Oil & Energy Corp.
- Parent company:
- Location: Ichihara-shi, Chiba Prefecture, Japan
- Coordinates: 35.5475, 140.0728 (exact)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 2,340 MW
- "Jera, JXTG sign EPC contract with Toshiba units for Goi power plant" Reuters, June 28, 2019.
- Goi Thermal Power Station JERA, accessed November 2019.