Shouwang Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
The mine of Shouwang Coal Mine was built in October 1976. In April 2005, the mine was acquired by Shougang Holding Company, with a 1.2 million tons/year production scale. As of the end of January 2021, the approved production capacity was 1.2 million tons/year.
On July 5, 2015, a harmful gas gushing accident occurred in Shouwang Coal Mine. After more than 6 hours of rescue work, all 4 trapped miners in the mine were rescued.
- Operator: Shanxi Yicheng Shouwang Coal Industry Co., Ltd.
- Owner: Shougang Corporation
- Location: Liangban Village, Longhua Town, Yicheng County, Linfen City, Shanxi Province
- GPS Coordinates: 35.770616, 111.830752
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.2 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource: 116 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 1073.9 million tonnes（No.2 coal seam）
- Coal Type: Meager lean coal（Thermal, Met）
- Mine Size: 12.0398 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2005