Silaogou Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Silaogou Coal Mine belongs to Datong Coal Industry Co., Ltd. It has a long history. After Japan invaded China in 1937, the Japanese seized the mine for looting and exploitation. After the Japanese retreated in 1945, the mine was flooded. In 1952, Silaogou Coal Mine began to resume production. After several reconstructions and expansions, the designed production capacity has reached 3.0 million tons/year.As of the end of January 2021, the approved production capacity was 3.2 million tons/year. 
On June 12, 2009, a roofing accident occurred in Silaogou Coal Mine, and 8 miners were trapped. After the rescue, 8 people successfully escaped.
- Operator: Datong Coal Industry Co., Ltd. Silaogou Coal Mine
- Owner: Jinneng Holding Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Silaogou Street, Datong City, Shanxi Province
- GPS Coordinates: 39.981777, 113.032229
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 3.2 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource: 118.1154 million tonne
- Mineable Reserves: 24.5290 million tonne
- Coal Type: Weakly-caking coal, Non-caking coal（Thermal, Met）
- Mine Size: 29.83 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1952