Sinopec Yangzi power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Sinopec Yangzi power station, also known as the Nanjing Yangzi YEC power station, is a 360-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Jiangsu Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, at Sinopec Yangzi plant, in Luhe District, Nanjing Prefecture, Jiangsu Province.
Background on Plant
In 2019 it was reported that two new 50 MW coal-fired units are under construction at the site. The new units, units 7-8, are planned for operation in 2020. When they are commissioned, units 1-3 will be retired.
- Sponsor: Yangzi Petrochemical Co
- Parent company: Sinopec
- Location: Sinopec Yangzi plant, Luhe District, Nanjing Prefecture, Jiangsu Province, China
- Coordinates: 32.2526328, 118.7939874 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-6), Construction (Units 7-8)
- Gross capacity: 360 MW (Units 1-6: 60 MW); 100 MW (Units 7&8: 50 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 1986-88 (Units 1-6), 2020 (Units 7-8)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: