Sirik power station

From Global Energy Monitor
Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.

Sirik power station (نیروگاه حرارتی سیریک) is a 1,400-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant under construction in Sirik, Hormozgan Province, Iran.[1]

Location

The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Sirik, Hormozgan Province, Iran.

Loading map...

Background

Russia and Iran signed agreements for the Sirik power station in July 2016. Officials from the two countries attended a groundbreaking ceremony for the plant on February 21, 2017.[2]

In September 2019, the Iranian energy minister said that the Sirik power station construction was expected to commence within two months. Russia is expected to provide a loan to fund 85 percent of the construction costs, 1.2 billion euros, while Iran is funding the remaining 15 percent of the 1.4 billion euro project. The power plant comprises four units, each with a capacity to produce 350 MW.[1]

In June of 2021 the official start of construction was announced with an expected duration of 55 months.[3]

Project Details

  • Sponsor: Iranian Thermal Power Plants Holding Company (TPPH)[4]
  • Parent company: Tavanir (Iran Energy Ministry)[5]
  • Location: Sirik, Hormozgan Province, Iran
  • Coordinates: 26.5201, 57.1072 (approximate)
  • Gross generating capacity (construction): 1,400 MW
    • Unit 1: Gas- and fuel oil-fired[6][7] steam turbine[3], 350 MW[3] (start-up in 2026)[3]
    • Unit 2: Gas- and fuel oil-fired[6][7] steam turbine[3], 350 MW[3] (start-up in 2026)[3]
    • Unit 3: Gas- and fuel oil-fired[6][7] steam turbine[3], 350 MW[3] (start-up in 2026)[3]
    • Unit 4: Gas- and fuel oil-fired[6][7] steam turbine[3], 350 MW[3] (start-up in 2026)[3]

Articles and Resources

References

  1. 1.0 1.1 Iran to start construction of Sirik powerplant by Russian fund: energy min. GEHR News Sept. 15, 2019
  2. Staff reporter Construction begins on Iran’s Sirik gas power plant Interfax Global Energy, Feb 21, 2017
  3. 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 نیروگاه سیریک؛ گام جدید همکاری‌های برقی ایران و روسیه, Iranian Students' News Agency, Jun 23, 2021
  4. $1.6b Thermal Power Plant for Hormozgan Financial Tribune Jan 15, 2017
  5. Staff Iran's Energy Ministry Defends Power Deal With Turkish Co. Financial Tribune Nov. 11, 2016
  6. 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Operation of 1400 MW Sirik power plant started, Iranian Thermal Power Plants Holding Company (TPPH) News Center, Jun 10, 2021
  7. 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 پروژه های شرکت» پروژه های گازی - نیروگاه بخار سیریک, Iranian Thermal Power Plants Holding Company (TPPH), Feb 28, 2021