Sitai Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Sitai Coal Mine (大同煤矿集团有限责任公司四台矿) is an underground coal mine, located in Gaoshan Town, Nanjiao District, Datong City, Shanxi Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Gaoshan Town, Nanjiao District, Datong City, Shanxi Province, China.
Coal Mine Background
Sitai Coal Mine is operated by Datong Coal Mine Group Co., Ltd. It is China's first ultra-large modern mine with a designed capacity of 5 million t/a and a key project during the "Seventh Five-Year Plan" period. The mine is located in the northwest of the Datong Coalfield, with an area of 65.4584 km~2. It was formally constructed in December 1984 and completed and put into operation in December 1991. The approved production capacity in 2006 was 5 million t/a. The mine adopts a mixed development method of an inclined shaft (one main and one auxiliary) and vertical shaft. 
The mine's approved production capacity was 1.8 million tonnes per year in 2020.
- Sponsor: Datong Coal Mining Group Co., Ltd.
- Parent Company: Shanxi State-owned Capital Investment and Operation Co.(65.17%), China Cinda Asset Management Co. (30.12%), Jinneng Group Co.(2.06%), Others(2.65%)
- Location: Gaoshan Town, Nanjiao District, Datong City, Shanxi Province, China.
- GPS Coordinates: 40.094906,112.968816(exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.8 Mt/a
- Total Resource: 421.85Mt
- Minable Reserves: 154.5Mt
- Coal Type: bit(non-caking coal)
- Mine Size: 65.4584㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1991
- Total Investment: