Sofia Iztok power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Sofia Iztok power station, also known as Sofia East power station, is a 186-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Sofia Province, Bulgaria.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Sofia City, Sofia Province, Bulgaria.
A 2018 report from the World Bank Group cited the capacity of the plant at 126 MW. Another European Commission 2019 report provided a similar number.Without further details it's unclear if two units have been retired or if there is a different reason.
- Sponsor: Toplofikacia Sofia EAD
- Parent company: Toplofikacia Sofia EAD
- Location: Sofia City, Sofia Province, Bulgaria
- Coordinates: 42.6515, 23.4172 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 186 MW
Articles and Resources
- Bulgaria District Heating Project, World Bank Group, Mar 6, 2018
- State Aid SA. 54042 (2019/N) Bulgaria- Sofia waste-to-energy project/ cogeneration unit with recovery of energy from RDF, European Commission, Nov 25, 2019
- Toplofikatsiya Sofia Wikipedia, accessed December 2019
- Sofia Iztok Power Plant Wikipedia, accessed December 2019