Soma Coal-Biomass power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Japan and coal.|
Soma Coal-Biomass power station is an operating 112-megawatt (MW) coal-fired and biomass power station in Fukushima Prefecture, Japan.
The map below shows the location of the plant in Soma, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan.
Background on Plant
In July 2015, a financing agreement for the project was closed. US$222.32 million in loans was provided by Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Nippon Life Insurance, 77 Bank, Toho Bank, Joyo Bank, and T&D Holdings.
- Sponsor: Soma Energy Park LLC
- Parent Company: Orix
- Location: Soma city, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan
- Coordinates: 37.8316038,140.9420008 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 112 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service: 2018
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: US$222.32 million in debt from Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Nippon Life Insurance, 77 Bank, Toho Bank, Joyo Bank, and T&D Holdings
- Permits and applications:
Articles and resources
- "オリックス、発電に最大1500億円投資 各地でバイオマス・石炭," 本経済新聞, 2014/4/2
- "環境影響評価実施案件," Fukushima Prefecture, updated Oct 1, 2015
- MHPS Achieves Japan’s Highest Biomass Cofiring Ratio of 34% at 112 MW Coal-Fired Power Plant, MHPS, Mar. 29, 2018
- Soma Energy Park Begins Using MHPS-TOMONI at Pulverized Coal-Biomass Power Plant, MarketWatch, Aug. 20, 2018
- "Preview of Soma Coal-Fired Thermal Power Plant | Transaction | IJGlobal". ijglobal.com. Retrieved 2020-12-10.