Sonepur Bazari mine
The map below shows the exact location of the Sonepur Bazari mine project, in Pandabeswar, Paschim Bardhaman and Purulia, West Bengal, India.
Background on Mine
The opencast mine, operated by Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, produces 8 million tonnes annually. In 2014, it filled a permit to expand capacity to 12 million tonnes, a project that is likely shelved.
- Sponsor: Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Location: West Bengal, India.
- Coordinates: 23.688231, 87.223763 (exact)
- Status: Proposed
- Capacity: 8 million tonnes
- Reserves: 179.60 million tonnes
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: surface
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Sonepur Bazari Area, Eastern Coalfields Limited, accessed February 2020.
- Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Ltd.,EIA Notification Capacity Enhancement from 8.0 MTY to 12.0 MTY, Eastern Coalfields Limited, August 2014.