Soto de Ribera power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Soto de Ribera power station, in the province of Asturias, Spain, has 1,204 megawatts (MW) of generating capacity (350 MW coal-fired and 854 MW gas-fired).
The map below shows the location of the power station in Ribera de Arriba, the province of Asturias, Spain.
- Sponsor: EDP – Energias de Portugal, S.A.
- Parent company: EDP – Energias de Portugal, S.A.
- Location: Ribera de Arriba, the province of Asturias, Spain
- Coordinates: 43.3161, -5.8777 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 1,204 MW
- Gross generating capacity (retired): 322 MW
- Unit 1: Coal-fired subcritical, 68 MW (start-up in 1962, retired 2008)
- Unit 2: Coal-fired subcritical, 254 MW (start-up in 1967, retired 2015)
- Coal type: Sub-bituminous
Articles and Resources
- Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) 529900CLC3WDMGI9VH80 Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, accessed January 2020
- Global Power Plant Database v.1.2.0, ID WRI1006418 World Resources Institute, June 2019
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 18WSRI4-123456-V accessed November 2019
- Spanish Electricity System 2018 Report Red Eléctrica de España, August 1, 2019
- Open Power Plants Database, ID g_18WSRI4-123456-V European Commission Joint Research Centre, version 0.91
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 18WSRI5-12345--5 accessed November 2019
- Open Power Plants Database, ID g_18WSRI5-12345--5 European Commission Joint Research Centre, version 0.91