South Helwan power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
The map below shows the location of the power station in Beni Suef, Al Minya Governorate, Egypt.
The South Helwan power station construction began on October 25, 2011. It is a project of the Upper Egypt Electricity Production Co. which in turn is a subsidiary of the Egyptian Electricity Holding Co. The $446.5 million project is located 15 km north of Beni Suef city.
- Sponsor: Upper Egypt Electricity Production Co.
- Parent company: The Egyptian Electricity Holding Co.
- Location: Ismailia Desert Rd, Atfih, Red Sea Governorate, Egypt
- Coordinates: 29.219111, 31.220704 (exact)
- Gross capacity: 1,950 MW
- Combined-cycle units 1-3: 670 MW per unit
Articles and Resources
- AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK GROUP South Helwan 3x650 MW Supercritical Thermal Power Plant: SUMMARY OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT African Development Bank, August 2011
- Power Technology South Helwan Supercritical Power Plant Verdict Media Limited, accessed Nov 13, 2019
- مشروع جنوب حلوان 3 × 650 م.وات organizational website, accessed Nov 21, 2019