Southeast Missouri State University Physical Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
Southeast Missouri State University Physical Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Southeast Missouri State University on SMSU campus in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
- Owner: Southeast Missouri State University
- Parent Company: State of Missouri
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 6.2 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 6.2 MW (1972)
- Location: Cheney Dr. and Henderson Ave., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701 (just north of Academic Hall)
- GPS Coordinates: 37.313879, -89.530562
- Electricity Production: 20,824 MWh (2006)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 61,472 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions: 278 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 26.70 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 42 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.