Southern Minnesota Beet Sugar Power Plant
Southern Minnesota Beet Sugar Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Southern Minnesota Beet Sugar Cooperative near Renville, Minnesota. The plant provides power to Southern Minnesota Beet Sugar Cooperative's Renville beet sugar processing facility. As of 2005, the plant was on standby.
- Owner/Parent Company: Southern Minnesota Beet Sugar Cooperative
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 7.5 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 7.5 MW (1976)
- Location: 83550 County Rd. 21, Renville, MN 56284
- GPS Coordinates: 44.7972, -95.1717
- Electricity Production: 0 MW (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related GEM.wiki articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|