Southern Natural Gas (SNG) Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Southern Natural Gas (SNG) Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline runs from natural gas supply basins in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Gulf of Mexico to markets in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee.
- Operator: Kinder Morgan Energy Partners
- Parent Company: Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, Southern Company
- Current capacity: 3900 Million cubic feet per day
- Proposed capacity:
- Length: 7,600 miles / 12,231 km
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 1928
The Southern Natural Gas Pipeline system is operated by Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, and owned by Kinder Morgan (50%) and Southern Company (50%).
Articles and resources
- Southern Natural Gas (SNG) Pipeline, Wikipedia, accessed January 2018
- Southern Company, Kinder Morgan enter Southern Natural Gas pipeline strategic venture, PR Newswire, Jul. 10, 2016