Springsure coal project
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Springsure coal project is a proposed underground coal mine in Queensland. It is proposed by Springsure Mining Pty Ltd.
The photo below shows the approximate location of the proposed mine.
In March 2019, Terracom acquired 87% interest in the Springsure Mining Pty Ltd.
TerraCom’s wholly owned subsidiary Sierra Coal Pty Limited acquired an exploration permit from Fernlee Coal Pty Limited in January 2018. This exploration permit adjoins Springsure Mine, and "is seen as a key strategic transaction for TerraCom providing the potential to expand the Springsure Project MDL area to the East and North East. The Company is currently preparing a detailed exploration program in the South West area of the Fernlee EPC; being where Springsure Mining’s MDL borders the Fernlee EPC."
According to a Terracom press release, "the integration of Springsure Mining and Fernlee should provide the necessary economics’ and scale to allow further development of these assets."
- Sponsor: Springsure Mining Pty Ltd
- Parent Company: Terracom (87%)
- Location: Located approximately 8km north of the town of Springsure on the Gregory Highway in the Springsure Region in Queensland.
- GPS Coordinates: -23.9809265, 148.0394281 (approximate)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 1.55 mtpa
- Total Resource: 191 Mt
- Mineable Reserves: 148 Mt
- Coal type: PCI and thermal coal
- Mine Size: 34.2 square kilometers
- Mine Type:
- Start Year: 2021
- Source of Financing: