Starobesheve power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Ukraine and coal.|
Starobesheve (Starobeshevo) power station is a 2,010-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Donetsk, Ukraine.
The map below shows the location of the plant in Novyi Svit, Starobesheve, in the southwest of the Donetsk region on the left bank of the river Kalmius.
Background on Plant
The power station was constructed in the 1950s. The first phase of construction involved three units each of 100 MW, commissioned in 1958 to 1959. Two of the original 100 MW units have been removed and one has been retained for critical situations. The second and third phases of construction involved ten units each of 200 MW, units 4-13, commissioned from 1961 to 1967. The fourth unit was modernized and upgraded to 210 MW. The other nine units are operable, but have been re-rated as 175 MW due to the inability of the boilers to provide sufficient capacity for the turbines.
The plant burns a small amount of natural gas and oil for fuel as well.
As of 2021 the plant is in the separatist-controlled region of Donetsk and Donbasenergo cannot access it.
EBRD provided a loan of US$113.22 million for the supply and installation of a 210 MW fluidised bed boiler with ancillary equipment at Unit 4 of the Starobeshevo Power Station. Modernization of Unit 4 was completed in 2011.
- Sponsor: Donbassenergo
- Parent company: Energoinvest Holding
- Location: Novyi Svit, Starobesheve, Donetsk, Ukraine
- Coordinates: 47.800786, 38.005422 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 2,010 MW (Units 4-13: 200 to 210 MW each)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1961-1967
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Environmental Impact Assessments," CEE Bankwatch Network,] Sep 17, 1998
"Донбассэнерго закупит у Электротяжмаша два турбогенератора для реконструкции блока №6 Славянской ТЭС" (in Russian). UA Energy. 2014-09-09. Retrieved 2014-09-09. Unknown parameter
|trans_title=ignored (help)CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- "Starobeshevskaya TPP," Donbassenergo, accessed April 2016
- Rehabilitation and technical re-equipment of Starobeshivska TPP of the OJSC "Donbasenergo", UNFCC, 2012
- Structure, accessed May 3, 2021
- "Coal-Fired Plants Financed by International Public Investment Institutions Since 1994", Appendix to Foreclosing the Future: Coal, Climate and International Public Finance: Investment in coal-fired power plants hinders the fight against global warming, Environmental Defense, April 2009.
- "Cabinet approves Starobeshevo TPP power unit project," UA Energy, Jan 16, 2014