Zuevskaya power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Ukraine and coal.|
Zuevskaya (Zuivska) power station (Зуївська ТЕС, Зуевская ТЭС) is a 1,290-megawatt (MW) coal-, fuel oil- and gas-fired power plant in Donetsk, Ukraine.
The map below shows the location of the plant in Zuhres, Khartsyzk.
Background on Plant
The power station has been in the area of Ukraine not controlled by the Ukrainian government since 2015. DTEK formally admitted it had lost control of the power station in 2017, and the power station is not mentioned in its 2020 Annual Report. There have been few updates on the status of the power station since the separatist occupation of Donetsk began.
The station uses coal as the main fuel with fuel oil and natural gas as the reserve fuel.
War in Ukraine
In March 2022, it was reported that Russian forces have launched a strike on the power station and damaged one of the cooling towers. It appears that as of March 2022, the station was still operating.
- Sponsor: DTEK Vostokenergo
- Parent company: DTEK
- Location: Zuhres, Khartsyzk, Donetsk, Ukraine
- Coordinates: 48.034804, 38.285213 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,290 MW (Units 1-4: 320-325 MW each)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1982-1988
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Integrated Report," DTEK Annual Report 2014, p. 93
- Зуївська ТЕС на межі зупинки через відсутність вугілля, Economic Truth, Mar. 3, 2015
- ДТЕК Cхіденерго, DTEK, Accessed January 2022
- Integrated Report 2020, DTEK, 2020
- "Зуевская ТЭС снабжает электроэнергией весь Донбасс". energyland.info. Mar 30, 2022. Retrieved Jun 24, 2022.
- "Російська армія обстріляла Зуївську ТЕС". tsn.ua. Mar 3, 2022. Retrieved Jun 24, 2022.