Stone Container Ontonagon Power Plant
Stone Container Ontonagon Mill Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Smurfit-Stone - which was bought by Madison Dearborn Partners in 2008 - in Ontonagon, Michigan. The plant provides power to Smurfit-Stone's Ontonagon corrugated paper mill.
- Owner: Smurfit-Stone
- Parent Company: Madison Dearborn Partners
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 15.6 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 15.6 MW (1966)
- Location: 1 Superior Way, Ontonagon, MI 49953
- GPS Coordinates: 46.867758, -89.335228
- Electricity Production: 107,576 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 291,617 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Michigan and coal
- Madison Dearborn Partners
- United States and coal
- Global warming
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|