Stonecoal Branch Mine No. 2
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Stonecoal Branch Mine No. 2 is an underground mine on Elk Creek Rd, near Verner, Logan county, West Virginia.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
The mine started production in 1998 with Stonecoal Branch Mining Inc as its operator. Ramaco Resources took over as the operator in 2013, and is currently both the operator and the owner. In 2020, the mine produced 0.4 million tons and had 69 employees.
- MSHA id: 4608663
- Operator: Ramaco Resources LLC
- Owner: Ramaco Resources Inc
- Location: Verner, Logan County, West Virginia
- Coordinates: 37.688023, -81.824559 (Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 374,835 tonnes per annum (Mtpa)
- Total Reserves:
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1998
- Source of Financing: