Suizhong power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Suizhong power station (神华国华绥中发电厂) is a 3,760-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Liaoning Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Suizhong County, Huludao Prefecture, Liaoning Province.
Background on Plant
Suizhong power station is a four-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 3,760 MW in Liaoning Province. The first two units, totaling 1,760 MW, were completed in 2000.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Project Details for Units 3 & 4 Expansion
- Sponsor: National Energy Investment Group (65%), Liaoning Energy Investment Group (35%)
- Location: Suizhong County, Huludao Prefecture, Liaoning Province, China
- Coordinates: 40.07962, 120.00959 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 3 & 4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- In service: 2010
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Coal-Fired Plants in China - Liaoning and Tianjin," Power Plants Around the World, accessed November 2014
- "东电一公司承建神华国华电力绥中发电厂4号百万千瓦机组纪实”,中国能建东北电力第一工程公司, 2010-05-18
- "写在绥电公司东北首台百万千瓦火电机组投入运营之际", 葫芦岛新闻网, 2010-03-01
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017