Barru power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Barru power station (also known as Sulawesi Selatan (SulSel) power station — Indonesian for "South Sulawesi") is a 100-megawatt (MW) coal-fired station in South Sulawesi Province, Indonesia.
An additional 100 MW is under development.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Lampoko Village, Balusu District, Barru Regency, South Sulawesi Province.
Background on Units 1 and 2
In November 2015, it was reported that an additional 100 MW has been pre-qualified for tender.
The units are listed in the Indonesia Electricity Supply Business Plan (RUPTL) 2017-2026, with a planned operation date of 2019.
In November 2017 a joint venture of PT Wijaya Karya (Persero) Tbk and Mitsubishi Corporation secured the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contract for the project. In July 2018 construction of Barru-2 began. In March 2019 construction of Unit 2 was reported to be 20% complete.
- Sponsor: PT PLN Persero
- Location: Lampoko Village, Balusu District, Barru Regency, South Sulawesi Province
- Coordinates: -4.29329, 119.63135 (exact)
- Status: Units 1 and 2: Operating; Barru-2: Construction
- Gross Capacity: Units 1 and 2: 100 MW (2 x 50 MW); Barru-2: 100 MW (1 x 100 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: Units 1 and 2: 2013; Barru-2: 2021
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "PLTU Barru," Wikimapia, accessed April 2014
- PLTU Barru Siap Beroperasi, PLN press release, July 2013.
- "Tender Info: PLN Prequalifies EPC of Sulsul Barr-2 Kalselteng-2 Coal-Fired Steam Power Plants," RambuEnergy, November 15, 2015
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero, p. D-62
- PLN – PLTU Sulsel Barru II Coal-Fired Power Plant 100 MW – South Sulawesi - Project Profile, JSB Market Research, Apr. 10, 2018
- Pembangunan PLTU 2 Barru Resmi Dimulai, Rakyatku, Jul. 3, 2018
- Mengintip Progress PLTU 2 Barru di HUT ke-59 PT. Wika, Rakyatku, Mar. 11, 2019