Sulbagut-3 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Sulbagut-3 power station was a proposed 100-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Gorontalo Province, Indonesia. The power station is now planned to operate on a variety of fuel sources, with a total capacity of 200 MW.
The map below shows the location of the project, as shown on the maps in the PT PLN 2017-2026 plan.
Background on Plant
Sulbagut-3 power station consists of two 50 MW units, scheduled for 2021. In October 2017 it was named one of eleven priority investment projects by the Governor of North Sulawesi Olly Dondokambey. The two units are postponed to 2023 and 2024 in the 2018-2027 PT PLN long-range plan. The two units are postponed to 2024 and 2025 in the 2019-2028 long-range plan.
In March 2020 the project's sponsor announced that it might be delayed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In June 2021, the Indonesian government announced that it would no longer allow construction of coal-fired power stations after 2025 and updated its plans for many coal-fired projects under development. The Sulbagut-3 power station is now planned to be powered by a mixture of energy sources, including gas and renewable energy, and excluding coal, with a target operation date of 2027/2028.
- Sponsor: IPP
- Parent company: IPP
- Location: Gorontalo Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: 0.8687014, 123.9643104 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled (converted to alternate fuel sources)
- Gross Capacity: Units 1 and 2: 2 x 50 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: Unit 1: 2027; Unit 2: 2028
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero
- Sulut Prioritaskan 11 Proyek Investasi, Sindonews.com, Oct. 11, 2017
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2018-2027, PT PLN Persero, V-100
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, V-57
- Jadwal operasional pembangkit terganggu wabah corona, ini tanggapan PLN, Kontan, Mar. 8, 2020
- https://newssetup.kontan.co.id/news/proyek-pltu-bakal-disetop-mulai-2025-energi-terbarukan-digenjot?page=all Proyek PLTU bakal disetop mulai 2025, energi terbarukan digenjot], Kontan, June 12, 2021