Sullivan County Plant
Sullivan County Plant is a proposed coal plant in Sullivan County, Indiana.
In 2002, EnviroPower proposed to build the Sullivan County Plant. The plan was opposed by the Indiana Clean Energy Campaign (ICE), which includes Citizens Action Coalition of Indiana (CAC), Hoosier Environmental Council, and Valley Watch. In 2003, the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission dismissed the siting permit for the plant.
Location: Sullivan County, Indiana
Size: 500 MW
Type: Circulating fluidized bed
Projected in service: TBD
Status: Siting permit dismissed
- Citizens Action Coalition of Indiana, Kerwin Olson, kolson [at] citact.org
- Hoosier Environmental Council
- Valley Watch, contact [at] valleywatch.net
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Franklin County Power Plant
- Kentucky Mountain Power
- Indiana and coal
- What happened to the 151 proposed coal plants?
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)